Just So You Know
I do not accept monetary compensation in exchange for reviews. If an author or publisher is kind enough to send me a free copy of their book to review, I will disclose this information with my post in compliance with FTC Guidelines. Receiving a free book and/or my personal opinion of the author or publisher will not alter my review in any way.
What Do The Star Ratings Mean To Me?
I have mixed feelings about rating books. It is a quick way to get an idea about how enjoyable a book might be without having to read a lot of blurbs and reviews, but on the other hand you do not know why a book is being rated the way it is, and because we are all individuals, we rate according to our own personal standard, so just to be clear, I’m listing my standard here. Of course there are always exceptions!
- 1 star: I didn’t enjoy this book in any way, and there was nothing I liked about it.
- 2 stars: I didn’t particularly enjoy reading this book, but there were things I liked about it.
- 3 stars: I enjoyed reading this book, but there were things I didn’t like about it.
- 4 stars: I loved almost everything about this book. I greatly enjoyed reading it and became emotionally invested. I may read it again in the future.
- 5 stars: This book has it all! I loved everything about it. The writing was excellent, and I was emotionally invested. I may read it again in the future.
Amazon’s Hidden Categories: This is a link to some categories which aren’t immediately available when searching Amazon. I’ve found them kind of useful.